Finally, the book that guides you, the solopreneur,
to identify, define & align
to your authentic distinction
from the inside out…
The entire proven Personal Brand Presence methodology is in this book, including exercises and examples!
“An invaluable instructional guide and manual that should be required reading for anyone seeking a career in business or who aspires to be their own boss with what ever enterprise they wish to launch, “Personal Brand Clarity: Identify, Define, & Align to What You Want to be Known For” is a compendium of practical advice, insight and encouragement.”
– Midwest Book Review
This is the book for you if…
- You always knew there was more to you that what is showing up right now
- You want to leave a certain impression in the minds of your market
- Clarity helps drive your creativity, momentum, and inspiration
- You want to be the ‘go-to’ expert in your industry
- You want to leave a distinctive legacy
- You value the feeling of flow and ease in your life (no drama!)
- You want to be able to articulate who you are, what you stand for and why people should work with you!
- You are wondering why your marketing isn’t working like it should
- You are a consultant, speaker, coach, broker, distributor, practitioner, agent, etc., who realizes you are the brand of your business, and CEO of your life
Interviews, Speaking and PR inquiries about the book:
click here to request book media kit.
Other Podcast Interviews to listen to: click here
Personal Brand Clarity, Q & A
1) There are many business strategy books already in the market, what specific gap does Personal Brand Clarity book fulfill?
The book illustrates and personifies the first ever comprehensive step-by-step brand defining process for the solo-professional, from the inside out. [Defined as non-employer businesses; coaches, consultants, speakers, agents, brokers, practitioners, etc.]
This foundational core strategy is an often over-looked step by solopreneurs as a critical part of building a solid business platform that fosters distinction. Another important difference to note is that it does not focus on external marketing efforts, typical of the hundreds of other business books available today. But, rather, it is about defining what the brand is and what it wants to be known for. Hence, the fundamental positioning clarity necessary for any successful marketing efforts.
2) Who is the target audience for Personal Brand Clarity?
This book was written for every brave, motivated and inspired solo-professional; coach, consultant, speaker, broker, practitioner, distributor (non-employer) who desires to define, create, and build the best, most consistently memorable, authentic brand experiences in their industry. It is for those who are dedicated to walk their talk and deliver on their brand promise every day. It is a perfect growth strategy for those who are in the business they love, feel they are an expert in their craft, and are passionate about strategic growth and working with their perfect clients.
The desire to be as authentically confident as possible in your way of being is a #1 personality characteristic for the ideal recipient of this book.
Because personal branding is about the person and is so much more than who they are in the professional arena, it permeates every facet of their lives. It is also for people who consider themselves leaders, or leadership material, and who specifically want to leverage their unique way of seeing and being to drive inspired action in others in corporate cultures, groups, associations, non-profits, family dynamics, etc.
3) Can you define what a Personal Brand is? And why it is important, specifically for the solopreneur?
Most people think of a brand as the logo, collateral, tagline, and all of the physical and external communication pieces. Actually, those items are Marketing tools. The truth is a Personal Brand is just a PERCEPTION that lives in the minds of your market and, ideally, is consciously generated by the Solo-professional. But, unfortunately, most Personal Brands are built in a highly passive way leading to unintended misunderstandings, slowing down or sabotaging progress, and causing unrealized potential.
What most don’t understand is that everyone ALREADY HAS A PERSONAL BRAND. Yes, even you, have a personal brand. Because when you understand that a personal brand is just a set of perceptions, you realize you’ve been creating perceptions since day 1 of your life! The real question to ask is, “Are you in control of it?” And if YOU aren’t in control of your Personal Brand, then guess who is…your customers, family, friends, and acquaintances are!
You can also think of conscious branding as the process of ‘assigning meaning’ to who you are, what you stand for, and how you show up in the world.
4) How does defining your “Personal Brand Presence DNA” help your business?
Discovering your unique genetic code, or DNA, lays the critical ground work for defining key attributes and authentic differentiators to who you really are as a brand. Giving meaning to our personal brand enables us to care for it, and to some extent control the perception of it. This information may currently live in the mind of a person, but if not clearly defined and mapped out and consciously aligned to, then no other stakeholder can fully experience it to form a perception.
Clarity is the basis for right action. The Personal Brand Presence DNA process guides the solopreneur to uncover what they stand for and enables them consciously create the behaviors and actions to support and affirm their value position to their customers, family, community, and other relationships.
This clarity enables the business to discern differently in ways that consistently support the value position intended of the brand promise.
Similar to the benefits of a GPS, identifying and defining your unique Personal Brand Presence DNA affords you the opportunity to live out what makes you, you, resulting into a more aligned and consistent way of being, that builds trust and advocacy long-term.
5) How does this Personal Branding process differ from a marketing function?
Well, to put it bluntly, we MARKET a BRAND. The two are separate functions, not one in the same. And if we are already marketing our business (ourselves) without fully identifying and defining WHAT we are marketing, then the question really becomes simple, “What exactly are we marketing?”
Too many business owners use the external function of marketing to build their business, without having done the internal work necessary to define the value position that attracts their perfect client. It is a common and an unfortunate oversight which creates a never-ending cycle of spending valuable cash on even more marketing messages, still without the clarity in place that ensures a powerful, consistent customer experience of the brand and its promise.
Your Brand Within uncovers those internal attributes of the Personal Brand itself, BEFORE focusing on the customer per se. This unconventional way of thinking is at first difficult for the business to get used to because it is not externally action focused, but can create a huge paradigm shift in how the business sees itself and in turn begins to express its authentic brand from this point on—particularly to its ideal market.
This is what makes the process so compelling and valuable to those who truly seek differentiation in the eyes of their customer and employees. Our process lays the ground-work for all actions, behaviors, decisions and even the external marketing messages that supplement the growth strategy. This is exactly why we like to tell our clients to STOP MARKETING, for now, and START BRANDING.
6) How does the Personal Brand Clarity book convey your Personal Brand Presence DNA process?
As a certified trainer, the author, Suzanne Tulien, knows how to deliver training in an accelerated way. Her goal in writing this book was to break down the concepts into bite-sized pieces with explanation and exercises, coupled with real examples and additional resources (like videos) to support the learning. Her style of ‘cheerleader-like’ support is friendly, thought-provoking and inspiring. She focused on enlisting, equipping and engaging her soloprofessional readers into caring about how well they know themselves to align to and deliver a powerfully distinct and consistent value position to those they serve.
7) Why isn’t branding more of a primary practice with soloprofessionals before they go to market themselves?
Great question! Based on our experience with business owners, we have found that there are at least six common myths about the concept of branding that may contribute to the oversight of this important, foundational positioning process. Suzanne has actually written an ebook, The 6 Myths of Small Business Branding, explaining each of those myths in detail and revealing the truths to help educate them on the unawareness of the true power of brand definition.
The oversight of the internal brand-identifying & defining process comes from:
- not fully understanding what brand-definition is about and how it impacts the value of the customer and employee experience.
- the belief that it is highly complicated, takes a long time and is costly
- thinking your brand is your logo
- not having a simple, step-by-step process toward clarity quickly
- thinking that marketing is the only way to bring customers in the door
- thinking that marketing is the only way to build my business
- feeling like they need to take action to expose who they are, what they sell, and where they are located first
- not realizing the value of distinction in a consistent customer experience (retention and advocacy)
Interviews, Speaking and PR inquiries about the book:
click here to email
Other Retailers you can get this book: